Sunday, April 10, 2022

Film Review

I was finally finished with the editing process. I needed a second opinion now. Lily and I had both seen it many times before. We were concerned that our viewing of it would be tainted by the fact that we developed it. As a result, we required the input of a third party. I showed our opening sequence to Lily’s mother, father, and all of her siblings (3 brothers, 2 sisters). On my PC, I started the final task. I wanted her family to watch it on a big screen to get the full sensation. To improve the movie effect, I screen-shared my MacBook to Lily’s large living room television. This could only be seen by her mother, father, and one of her brothers. Because her other siblings do not live with her, She had to email our final task to them so they could examine it. I considered how some of this would be skewed because they were her relatives. I was attempting to come up with ways for everyone to provide me with anonymous comments. Her family is the type of folks who would never intentionally hurt our feelings if they didn't like our projects. They are out number 1 supporters. We came up with a solution to the problem. I made a Google doc to keep track of everything. I told everyone of my "critics" about it. They could all enter their criticisms into the text this way. I wouldn't be able to see the handwriting or who typed it since I wouldn't be able to see it. Our bias issue was resolved as a result of this. It was now time for them to sit down and watch it.We walked out of the room and told my family to keep an eye on it. I gave them the freedom to view it as many times as they wanted. They told me they liked it when I returned. I still wanted their honest feedback on the google doc from them. We gave them, as well as her siblings who were not with us, some time to write in the document. I read them after they were finished. I was taken aback when none of them had any genuine criticisms. The only complaint from the critics was that the music was excessively loud. I was relieved to receive so many constructive criticisms. I went back to iMovie to make the change. I listened to the sound. Throughout the film, the music was played at full volume. I reduced the volume to 70% since it was too loud. That was ideal. I'm ecstatic to have completed an opening sequence that I'm pleased of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final CCR

  Here my CCR enjoy! Had so much fun making it!